Monday, November 1, 2010

Classical Music...

All I can say is that I'm rediscovering my love for classical music. I used to listen to Beethoven's 2nd, 5th and 7th symphonies often on my drives to and from Richmond. Or the 8th symphony, with the 2nd movement of the 2nd symphony replacing the 2nd movement of the 8th.

Classical Music that I've enjoyed recently:


  • Sinfonia in D Minor (W.F. Bach)
  • The Planets - Mars (Holst)
  • Short Ride in a Fast Machine (John Adams)
  • Overture 'Coriolan', and Piano Concertos 1 through 5 (Beethoven)
And since the Phillips Collection in DC has Sunday classical music concerts, I'll probably make time for a few of them, particularly one on Dec 12 featuring Brahm's Variations on a Theme by Paganini. I've heard Rachmaninov's Rhapsody on a Theme by Paganini, so I'm curious about Brahm's piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment