Monday, March 21, 2011

Lambasting Green Energy

Otherwise known as "We have seen green economies before. We've seen them function quite nicely. We saw them in the 13th century." And do you really want to go back to that? A bit of hyperbole, in my opinion, but hopefully it helps people go beyond the emotions of green energy.

Another interesting factoid: 2 jobs lost in Spain for every one "green" job created. Curious. Now, I admit I'd like to find that reference so I can post it. Always be aware of the bias that "to understand is to believe." But if I can find it, maybe that'll allow for less skepticism about that factoid.

But at the end of the day, I think this video says it quite compellingly (if you don't want to read the book The False Promise of Green Energy. Especially since the powerful statistics presented reasonably in the book are quickly presented here for you to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment