Sunday, January 1, 2012

Music I can not wait to ski to

First off, Happy New Year to everyone! I rang in the new year last night in the company of good friends at an intimate party, one of the better ways to do so, in my opinion.

I think the only two new year party options which would top my night last night are 1) New Year's Eve out in a foreign city, like Prague, Hong Kong, Nice or London; or 2) New Year's Eve skiing somewhere out west, like Whistler, Silver Star, Park City or Tahoe.

On that note, I've been waiting, and waiting, and still waiting for winter weather to truly arrive here in DC. As I write this, I can walk outside my house without needing a jacket (except for the rain). As a result, whereas this time last year I had already sprained my left knee from a ski accident and hence could not ski for the next month, this year I have not had the dubious opportunity for such mishap.

However, whenever and wherever I start skiing this year, I look forward to skiing to the following music:
  • The Pandorica Suite - 2010 BBC Prom #10
  • Twilight Princess Symphonic Movement
  • Mars - Gustav Holst, Planets Suite
  • Ride of the Valkyries - Richard Wagner
  • Battle in the Sky - Murray Gold, Doctor Who Season 5
There is probably more music on my iPod that I have not thought of but which I'll enjoy on the slopes. However, I would definitely like to augment this list, so if anyone has an addition, I would appreciate the suggestion.

No comments:

Post a Comment