Sunday, December 12, 2010

Skiing to Holst's "Mars"

Finally! After buying skis some months back (July? August?), I finally went skiing yesterday. And I thoroughly loved it, bruises and all. Never mind that each fall was hard thanks to the snow being machine made (I'm guessing that's typical). I enjoyed zooming down the slopes, though I couldn't listen to music easily until the end of the day, when I was falling a lot less often, though still saying "bloody hell!" when going too fast for my taste.

Which brings me to the post title. Given the dramatic moments in Holst's Mars, I quite liked how it accompanied those "bloody hell" moments.

And I don't know if it was a fluke, but I paid a very cheap price for a ski lesson yesterday. Ridiculously cheap. At the lesson desk they said it was because I was a season pass holder, but I could not find that price listed on the resort's website. So either I had a piece of good luck (double because when I went for the lesson, I was the only one for my level, so I got a private lesson for an hour and forty minutes) or that is the actual price. Either way, I was very glad for the lesson since I fell less as a result of it. And I'll probably get a few more before the end of the season, no doubt.

Anyway, I'll definitely next be skiing on the 18th (will have to end early to get back for a holiday party I'm hosting) and then Christmas Day. After that, we'll see.

Back to reading economics articles and Churchill's WWII memoirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment