Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Traditions

As you may have gathered from my post on reciprocity bias, I do not have any Christmas traditions because I have traditionally not celebrated the holiday. This year is different, but amusingly I find myself in the position of the odd man out, desiring to celebrate the holiday but with all my acquaintances celebrating with family.

I find myself, therefore, contemplating on the creation of traditions. As I have none of my own for the day, I might as well do something fun on Christmas that lends itself to continuation in perpetuity (well, not perpetuity, but for at least my lifespan). So I'll take the day and ski at a resort near DC (for future years it'll probably be a resort near a city in which I reside). Then in the evening, I'll humor the Anglophile in myself with British Christmas television specials (QI and Doctor Who, anyone?). Yes, be amused at my shenanigans for the holidays. But if I am only taking care of myself for the holidays and not attending any Christmas dinners this year, I might as well enjoy some of the things I love most about winter.

"At any rate, that is what we are going to try to do." I couldn't have said it any better.

Happy Christmas to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment