Friday, September 3, 2010

Various Photos of Nice

The first time I came to Nice, back in 2008, there was a light drizzle, which was unusual. I stayed at an apartment on the Place Massena: http://www.go-nice.com/3_place_massena_property_details.aspx

I can't say that I fell in love with Nice, per se, but I might well have. Why else would I be back here for a vacation, when I usually try to visit new places when on vacation. For crying out loud, the Place Massena is featured on one of my credit cards. While not the picture on my card, here's one of Place Massena:

From Nice, France


From Nice, France

From Nice, France

And then here's a picture of the Place Massena at 7 am in the morning, the ungodly early hour (for a vacation) that I was awake in order to catch a train for a day trip to Marseilles.

From Nice, France

Anyway, I'm staying at this charming one bedroom apartment, sans air conditioning.

http://www.go-nice.com/13_rue_pairoliere_property_details.aspx

The next time I'm in Nice though, I'm going to go for one of these two flats. Advantages? Both have air-conditioning. One is very charming, a flat in a former monastery with an excellent sea view.

From Nice, France

The other is a studio on the Promenade des Anglais, which is perfect for a daily jaunt to the beach (I stayed here briefly in 2008 also after a jaunt in Bulgaria that left me a little jaded about that portion of the EU).

At any rate, here's a view of the beach from the Chateau park in Nice. Perhaps it'll give you an idea of why I find Nice so charming.

From Nice, France

Here's a view of the old town and the Cours Saleya, where there is a farmers market every morning and sellers of bric-a-brac all day.

From Nice, France

And here's the entrance to the Port in Nice:

From Nice, France

So I'm enjoying my vacation here; I hope you enjoy my amateurish pictures of Nice:

http://picasaweb.google.com/108276142989315006949/NiceFrance?feat=directlink

Cheers to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment